Aloo Chaat is a humble North Indian street food made with boiled & fried potatoes with spices and chutney. It is often served as an appetizer or as an evening snack with tea.
A must for potato lovers, there are numerous regional variations to this dish with the most popular one being Dahi Aloo Chaat.
Try making this delicious chaat at home and impress your family members.
- 3 Potatoes boiled, peeled, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup White Chickpeas boiled
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- few Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1 cup Oil - 1 cup
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tbsp Green Chutney
- 1 tbsp Plain Yogurt
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown.
- Remove, drain excess oil and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients with the potatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and sev on top.
- Serve at once.
If you like this, try the other popular potato chaat – Aloo Tikki