Moong Dal – 2 cups, roasted and ground to a powder
Rava – 1 cup
Butter – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Combine all ingredients, except oil, with little water and knead to a thick dough.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
3. Using a karasev ladle rub the dough over hot oil.
4. Fry till golden brown.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Store in an airtight container.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.