Badam Katli is a traditional Indian dessert that is made with almonds, sugar, and ghee. There are many myths about this dessert. One of them is that eating Almond Katli before bed will help people sleep better.
A closer variant of this is the popular Kaju Katli.
Badam Katli Recipe
Ingredients for Badam Katli
- 250 to 300 g Almonds
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- little Saffron Strands mixed with 1 tblsp warm milk
- little Kesar yellow food colour
- few drops Almond Essence
- Edible Silver Warq
How to make Badam Katli
- Soak the almonds in very hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove outer skin.
- Wipe it with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Dry roast it in a hot pan with little ghee in reduced flame without discoloring it.
- Grind to a fine power in a mixer.
- Keep it in a large bowl with crushed saffron dissolved in warm milk, kesar colour along with few drops of almond essence.
- Prepare sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- Pour it slowly into the badam powder, mixing well to form a thick dough.
- Roll it out on a greased plastic sheet or a plate.
- Decorate it with silver warq and cut into diamond shapes when it is warm.