Garlic Papad (Lahsun Papad or Lasan Papad) are a traditional Indian snack and is a perfect accompaniment to any Indian meal especially during lunch time. Made with black gram, garlic and spices, they are hugely popular with everyone. As with any traditional Indian food, Garlic Papads have numerous regional variations but the essence of the recipe is still the same.
Garlic Papad (Lahsun Papad)
- 200 g Split Black Gram Flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Yellow Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 cup Water adjust as desired
- Mix the split black gram flour, green chillies, salt, yellow chilli powder and oil together.
- Add water and knead to stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small, even sized balls (around 30) and roll out into very thin discs.
- Spread them out on a clean sheet and keep them in the sun to dry for a day or two.
- Serve roasted or fried with any meal or as an evening snack.