Peanut Sundal (or Groundnut Sundal or Verkadalai Sundal) is a popular and traditional South Indian sundal variety. Typically made as an evening snack for kids, it is also made during Navratri festival and over the years has become an integral part of the Navratri sundal menu.
The verkadalai sundal is easy to make, does not require too many ingredients and can be made in 15 to 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Peanut Sundal
- 200 g Raw Peanuts shelled
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- few Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- pinch Asafoetida Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
How to make Peanut Sundal
- Pressure cook the peanuts with salt until two whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds and dry red chillies for 30 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida powder, boiled and drained peanuts and coconut.
- Stir well.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and mix.
- Remove and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !