Chicken – 1 kg, cut into 10 to 12 pieces
Gram Flour – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Mustard Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powdre – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Oil – 3 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Onion – 2, medium, ground
Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast the gram flour on a tawa on low heat until it deepends in colour.
2. Add cumin powder, mustard powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
3. Stir to heat gently.
4. Mix the roasted gram flour and spice powders into the coconut milk. Reserve.
5. Heat the oil in a pan.
6. Stir in the curry leaves and chicken and saute until the chicken turns golden brown.
7. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
8. Add the onions, garlic and ginger pastes.
9. Saute on medium heat until the mixture is reduced, golden brown and fragrant. Add a little extra oil if required.
10. Stir in the reserved coconut milk.
11. Add the reserved chicken, salt, turmeric powder and a little water if necessary and bring to a boil.
12. Cover and cook on low heat till the chicken is full tender.