Tandoori Chicken Wings are a popular dish in the Indian cuisine. The Tandoori Chicken Wings are marinated in yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and spices. These wings are then cooked in a clay oven called Tandoor or in a regular oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
The tandoori chicken wings recipe is relatively easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients. It can be served as a starter or an appetizer and is ideal for any parties, picnic or a Sunday brunch with mint chutney or raita.
Tandoori Chicken Wings Recipe
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken Wings
- 20 to 25 Chicken Wing Drumettes
For the Masala:
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion small, cut into wedges
- 1 Clove
- 1 tbsp Plain Yogurt
How to make Tandoori Chicken Wings
- To make the masala, combine all the masala ingredients in a blender and blend well to a smooth paste.
- Keep the chicken wings in a bowl and pour the masala over.
- Mix well until evenly coated.
- Cover with cling film and place it in the fridge for 8 to 12 hours or for a day.
- Remove and drain the chicken, discarding the marinade.
- Place them on a lightly greased baking tray and place it in a preheated oven at 200C/400F.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning them once or twice to evenly cook.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a large grilled pan over high flame.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning them frequently until it starts to blacken.
- If the chicken is still pink, then cook for some more time.
- Remove and serve with mint chutney or raita.