Tomatoes – 6 to 8, medium
Onion – 1, chopped
Green Chillies – 3, slit
Coriander Leaves – 1 to 2 tblsp, chopped
Curds – 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Garam Masala – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Salt to taste
Grind to paste:
Onion – 1, medium
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 5 cloves
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Coconut Gratings – 4 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – a little
Bay Leaves – 2
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cardamoms – 1 to 2
Pepper Corns – 5 to 6
1. Wash and cut tomatoes into eight pieces, if large, or 4 pieces if small.
2. Heat a mixture of ghee and oil, add seasonings and when done add chillies and onion.
3. Fry till onion is browned.
4. Add ground paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add powdered masalas and continue frying till oil surfaces.
6. Add tomatoes, fry for some time, sprinkling some water if necessary.
7. Cover vessel and allow to cook on low heat till tomatoes have turned soft.
8. Beat curds smooth, adding sugar, half of the chopped coriander leaves and garam masala, mix and pour into cooked tomatoes, simmer just once and remove from fire.
9. Pour into a serving bowl, sprinkle rest of the chopped coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.
Tomato Kurma Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
- 11 Healthy and Low Fat Cooking Tips Modern cooking is not only about taste and presentation but most cooks also prefer cooking healthy and low-fat recipes these...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Tomato Kurma Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.