Spinach – 1 kg
Onions – 2 medium, finely sliced
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Worcestershire Sauce – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Eggs – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Grind to a paste:
Garlic – 4 cloves
Fresh Ginger Root – 1/2 inch piece
Green Chillies – 1 or 2
1. Clean and wash the spinach leaves and chop them. (Discard the thick stalks)
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry onion in it till pale yellow.
3. Add chilli paste and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander and cook for 3 minutes more.
5. Add spinach, blend well, and add salt then cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add worcestershire sauce and sugar and continue cooking on low heat for a few minutes more till spinach is cooked.
7. Cook uncovered till most of the liquid has dried.
8. Separate eggs and beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Add yolks and blend.
9. Put spinach in a plate, spread beaten eggs over surface of spinach and bake in a moderately hot oven till eggs are set and golden.
10. Serve immediately.