Introducing our Vegetable Fried Rice recipe, a fantastic way to turn simple ingredients into a delicious and satisfying meal. This dish is a beloved staple in many cuisines around the world, and our version combines fragrant Basmati rice, a colourful assortment of mixed vegetables, and a perfectly balanced blend of sauces and spices.
The star of this dish is Basmati rice, known for its distinct aroma and slender grains. You’ll want to start by pressure cooking the rice to ensure it’s perfectly cooked and separate, not sticky. This step is crucial to achieve that ideal texture for fried rice.
The mixed vegetables bring a burst of colour and nutrition to the dish. You can customize your mix, but commonly used veggies include beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, and green peas. These vegetables add a wonderful crunch and vibrancy to the rice.
You’ll sauté chopped onions and ginger garlic paste in a hot pan, infusing the dish with a delightful aroma. Then, the mixed vegetables join the pan, and they cook to perfection with a splash of soy sauce, a hint of optional chilli sauce for those who love a kick, and a dash of black pepper and salt.
The final step is to introduce the cooked Basmati rice into the mix, ensuring every grain is coated with the flavours from the pan. A garnish of fresh spring onions adds a touch of freshness and colour.
Vegetable Fried Rice is a versatile and quick meal, perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. It’s a fantastic way to assemble a wholesome, restaurant-quality dish at home.
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 500 g Basmati Rice
- 2 big Onions (chopped)
- 100 g Spring Onions
- 500 g Mixed Vegetables (beans, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, green peas)
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder (adjust as required)
- Salt (as per taste)
- 5-6 tsp Oil
- Begin by pressure cooking the Basmati rice, ensuring that the grains are separate and not sticky. Once cooked, set it aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Introduce the mixed vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soy sauce, black pepper powder, salt, and, if desired, the optional chilli sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the vegetables are tender and well-cooked, add the cooked Basmati rice and combine everything evenly.
- Garnish your Vegetable Fried Rice with fresh spring onions.
- Serve it hot, either as is or with a sauce or side dish of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I use brown rice instead of Basmati rice in this recipe?
Certainly! You can substitute Basmati rice with brown rice, but note that brown rice may require longer cooking time and more water. Adjust accordingly for best results.
What are some suitable side dishes to pair with Vegetable Fried Rice?
Can I add tofu or chicken to this recipe for extra protein?
Is there a way to make this recipe gluten-free?
To make this dish gluten-free, ensure you use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari. This simple swap allows those with gluten sensitivities to enjoy this meal.
How can I make Vegetable Fried Rice spicier if I like it hot?
If you prefer a spicier kick, you can increase the amount of chilli sauce or add chopped fresh chilli peppers while stir-frying the vegetables. Adjust the heat to your liking!
Enjoy the delightful and satisfying experience of our Vegetable Fried Rice recipe, perfect for a quick and tasty meal!