A simple and tasty tea time / evening snack made with cabbage. Serve with a choice of chutney or sauce.
- 2 cups Cabbage finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Gram Flour
- 1/3 cup Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Ghee add one more tsp if needed
- as per taste Salt
- a pinch Asafoetida Powder
- Oil for frying
- Combine the cabbage, gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, ghee, salt and asafoetida powder in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle a little water and mix well to a thick mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Drop small portions of the mixture (or make small balls) into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with mint chutney or sauce of choice.