A simple and tasty tea time / evening snack made with cabbage. Serve with a choice of chutney or sauce.
Cabbage – 2 cups, finely chopped
Gram Flour – 1/3 cup
Rice Flour – 1/3 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 to 3 tsp
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Oil for frying
1. Combine the cabbage, gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, ghee, salt and asafoetida powder in a large bowl.
2. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle a little water and mix well to a thick mixture.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Drop small portions of the mixture (or make small balls) into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve with mint chutney or sauce of choice.