Prawn Podimas is a South Indian made with coconut or without. It can be served as a side dish to rotis, naans or rice items.
- Coconut Oil – 5 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Shallots – 2, Finely Chopped
- Crushed Garlic – 5 Cloves
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaves – Few
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Prawns – 300 gms
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Clean and wash the prawns thoroughly.
- Finely chop them and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add the coconut oil and heat it.
- Temper the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and chopped green chillies.
- Add the shallots, garlic and curry leaves and fry them.
- When the shallots turn golden brown, add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Add the prawns and mix well.
- Reduce the flame to low and allow them to cook.
- When the prawns are cooked, add the grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Mix gently and remove from fire.
- Serve as a side dish.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !