Punjabi Malai Palak is a delicious and easy to make side dish for roti, naan or pulao. Spinach is a healthy leafy vegetable rich in nutrients especially fiber, vitamin K, iron, vitamin C and more. It is a healthy addition to any meal.
Palak (Spinach) – 1 1/2 cups, finely chopped
Paneer – 1/2 cup, cubed
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
Fresh Curd – 1 1/2 tblsp
Ghee – 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 50 gms
Onion – 1, small
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the dal, spinach, ginger, green chillies and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker.
2. Pour 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and cook until tender.
3. Switch off the flame and stir gently once the pressure has reduced.
4. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
5. Saute the onions for a minute.
6. Add red chilli powder and cook for 20 seconds.
7. Add the dal mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add salt as per taste.
9. Beat the curd well and pour into the pan.
10. If the mixture is thick, add some water.
11. Fry the paneer in little ghee and add to the pan.
12. Stir and switch off the flame.
13. Serve with rice, roti or naan.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !