Red Rose Petals – 1/4 cup
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 4, slit
Rose Water – few drops
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the cumin seeds and grind to a powder.
2. Add turmeric powder and asafoetida powder to moong dal.
3. Pressure cook till 1 or 2 whistles and mash well.
4. Heat ghee in a pan.
5. Saute the green chillies and keep aside.
6. Pour 2 cups of water into a pan over medium flame.
7. Add the mashed dal, cumin powder, salt and green chillies.
8. Switch off the flame after a minute.
9. Add the rose water, rose petals and lemon juice.
10. Cover and serve at once.
Tip: Do not heat the soup after the rose petals have been added as it will turn bitter.