Palak Makai Malai is a delicious and healthy dish that is made with spinach, corn and butter. It is a perfect side dish for any meal.
Palak Makai Malai (Spinach Corn Curry) Recipe
Ingredients for Palak Makai Malai (Spinach Corn Curry)
- 200 g Spinach
- 1 1/2 tblsp Oil
- 3 tblsp Onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/3 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 3 tblsp Cream
- 1 tblsp Coriander Leaves chopped
How to make Palak Makai Malai (Spinach Corn Curry)
- Discard the spinach stems and wash the leaves in several changes of water.
- Drain and chop roughly.
- Boil the spinach leaves in 1/2 cup of water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside till cool.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add corn and saute again for 2 minutes.
- Add the masala powders and salt. Stir.
- Add butter and stir.
- Mix in cream and stir for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Image via Moti Mahal