Paneer Methi Malai is a dish from the Punjab region of India. It is traditionally made with paneer, methi (fenugreek) leaves and a spice mixture containing Indian spices. This recipe has many variations in terms of ingredients added to it or the way it is cooked.
Paneer Methi Malai is typically served with rice, roti or naan.
Paneer Methi Malai Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Methi Malai
- 300 g Paneer cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Onion small, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 4 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 5 tbsp Cream
- 3 tsp Ginger julienned
How to make Paneer Methi Malai
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the masala powders and salt.
- Stir well.
- Add chopped tomato and fenugreek leaves.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and toss gently.
- Add butter and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and stir for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with ginger juliennes.
- Serve hot.