Plum season is here and there are a lot of ways to cook them. Poached plums are a simple dessert that you can prepare in just a few minutes.
Poached plums are not only delicious but also super healthy. They have a lot of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
This is a delightful recipe that can be made in minutes. This is best served with vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice).
- 250 g Plums
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- a small stick Cinnamon
- 200 ml Water
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat a saucepan over medium flame.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, water and orange juice.
- Simmer until sugar fully dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- When it has a syrup like consistency, add the plums.
- Poach (Cook) for 15 minutes or until the plums are soft.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.