Plum Cake is a very popular cake variety served during tea time and is a must during Christmas time. Try this rich plum cake that is delicious, fruity and makes for a great dessert treat for any occasion. This delicious Christmas plum cake recipe is very easy to make and does not use alcohol.
Plum Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Plum Cake
- 500 g Maida (Plain Flour) Plain Flour
- 500 g Butter
- 600 to 650 g Sugar powdered
- 10 to 12 Small Eggs well beaten
- 200 g Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Caramel Syrup available in supermarkets
- 100 g Raisins
- 100 g Orange Peel
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 100 g Tutti Frutti
- 100 g Cashew Nuts
How to make Plum Cake
- Sieve together the maida and baking powder well.
- Mix the sugar and butter in a bowl. Beat well.
- Finely chop the raisins, tutti frutti, cashew nuts and orange peel.
- Add them to the maida and mix.
- Add the brown sugar to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Pour the caramel syrup to the sugar mixture and beat well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Gradually add the maida mixture and mix well.
- Pour this into a greased cake tin.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 180C and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 160C and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake tin and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove the cake and allow it to cool completely.
- Slice and serve or store it in a clean, airtight container.