Chicken breasts – 8
Oil for frying
Ginger-Garlic paste – 5 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – a little
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
Orange colour – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Corn flour – 1/2 cup
Egg whites – 2
Kashmiri powder or Pinch Red colour – 1/2 tsp
Water – 3/4 tbsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Ajinomoto – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and the lemon juice to form a paste.
2. Take 8 tender chicken breasts. Clean and remove the skin and debone, keeping the winglet bone intact.
3. With a knife tip make a deep slit along the thick edge of the breast, taking care not to penetrate the opposite side.
4. Open out the flaps thus formed. Gather the flaps at the end of the bone. The bone will now resemble a drumstick with all the meat at one end.
5. Marinate the drumsticks with the marinade. Leave aside for half an hour.
6. Mix the ingredients for the batter to for a smooth batter.
7. Mix the colour with the breadcrumbs to give an orange colour.
8. Heat oil in a kadai. Dip the drumsticks, one at a time, in the batter and roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry over a medium flame till they are all light golden brown in colour.