Javvarisi (Sago) – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 4 cups
Curd – 1 cup (if thick add a little water)
Green Chillies – 4
Salt – 1 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 250 ml
1. Wash and soak the javvarisi for 5 to 6 hours in curd.
2. Add salt and green chillies to the soaked javvarisi.
3. Grind together to a smooth batter.
4. Add rice flour, asafoetida powder and mix well with the batter.
5. Make balls of the dough and add to the thenkuzhal maker.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
7. Press the thenkuzhal maker over hot oil and make medium size thenkuzals.
8. Fry on both sides till light golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve as a snack.
Image credit: jeyashriskitchen.com
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.