- Cherry Tomatoes – 200 gms
- Yellow Tomatoes – 200 gms
- Green Tomatoes – 2, large
- Witlof – 2
- Oak Leaf or Coral Lettuce – 1, small
- Salad Leaves – 120 gms
- Red Onions – 2 to 3, cut into rings
- Pumpkin Seeds – 1/4 cup, roasted or fried in oil
For the Dressing:
- Avocado – 1, large
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Light Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp
- Sour Cream – optional
- Cut the cherry and yellow tomatoes in half.
- Place them in a strainer over a bowl to collect their juices.
- Finely chop the green tomatoes and add to the strainer.
- Spread the witlof and lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Scatter the onions and tomatoes over, reserving the tomato juice.
- To make the dressing, mash the avocado flesh in a small bowl.
- Add the reserved tomato juice, plus the lemon juice, olive oil, chilli sauce, garlic and coriander.
- Whisk till creamy.
- Add extra lemon juice if needed and enough water or sour cream to make a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Spoon dressing over the salad.
- Scatter the pumpkin seeds.