- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Fresh Ginger – 2 tsp, grated
- Split Red Lentils – 300 gms
- Vegetable Stock – 700 ml
- Fresh Mint – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Red Onions – 2, thinly sliced
- Baby Spinach Leaves – 200 gms
- Hazelnut Oil – 1 tsp
- Soft Goat Cheese – 150 gms
- Greek Yogurt – 4 tblsp
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lentils, then add the stock, a ladleful at a time, until it is all absorbed, stirring constantly. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the herbs.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Toss the spinach in the hazelnut oil in a bowl, then divide between 4 serving plates.
- Mash the goat’s cheese with the yogurt in a small bowl and season to taste with pepper.
- Divide the lentils between the serving plates and top with the onions and goat’s cheese mixture.