A simple Salmon and Potato salad with a Dijon mustard dressing. Best served warm with toasted bread.
Potatoes – 375 gms, quartered
Onion – 1, medium, cut into wedges
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Cherry Tomatoes – 100 gms
Salmon Fillets – 2 (each about 150 gms)
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
Basil Leaves – few, to garnish
For the Dressing:
Juice of 1 medium Lemon
Honey – 2 tsp
Dijon Mustard – 2 tsp
Olive Oil – 25 ml
1. Heat oil in a pan over low flame.
2. Add the potatoes and onion wedges.
3. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and salmon fillets.
5. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
6. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
7. Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
8. Transfer the salmon and vegetables to serving plates.
9. Spoon over the dressing and garnish with basil.
10. Serve at once.
Tip: You can also cook the salmon in a preheated oven at 220C. Omit the first 6 steps. Cook the potatoes and onion in the oven and then add the tomatoes and salmon. The time to cook is almost the same.