Pineapple Kesari is a popular dessert made in South India and often served in weddings and special occasions. It is very easy to make and is very very tasty. A cousin to the popular Rava Kesari, this is a simple recipe that anyone can try.
Ingredients for Pineapple Kesari
- 200 g Rava (Semolina)
- 150 g Sugar
- 1 cup Pineapple chopped
- 100 g Ghee
- a pinch Kesari Powder
- pinch Cardamom Powder
- 10 Cashewnuts
How to make Pineapple Kesari
- Lightly fry the rava in little ghee till golden.
- Grind the pineapple pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Pour enough water to the pan. For 1 cup of rava, add 1 cup of water (1:1 ratio).
- Add the ground pineapple and bring to a boil.
- Add rava and stir well. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, kesari powder and mix well.
- Fry the cashewnuts in ghee till golden and add to the pan.
- Stir and remove.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !