Masala Papad is a very popular North Indian snack / starter dish. A refreshing & light snack, Masala Papads are perfect for any occasion with crispy papads topped up with a tangy mixture of onions and tomatoes garnished with coriander leaves.
Masala Papad Recipe
Ingredients for Masala Papad
- 10 Raw Papads (or Appalams)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup Onions finely chopped
- handful Coriander Leave chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Green Chillies finely chopped
- as per taste Salt
- as per taste Red Chilli Powder
- a pinch Chaat Masala Powder
To fry the papads
- Oil as required
How to make Masala Papad
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the papads one by one and remove carefully without breaking them.
- Drain excess oil and place them on a flat surface.
- For an oil less papad, roast them on low flame without burning it too much.
- Combine the onions, tomatoes and green chillies in a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Scatter this on top of each papad ensuring equal spread.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.