A delicious and rich dessert for any occasion. Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin C, iron, dietary fiber, calcium and potassium.
Milk – 5 cups
Sweet Potatoes – 500 gms, peeled and grated
Powdered Cardamoms – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup or more, as per taste
Powdered Almonds – 2 tblsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Pistachios and Cashew nuts – handful, chopped
Saffron Strands – 1 tsp, mixed with 2 tblsp warm milk (optional)
1. Boil milk till it thickens and reduces by 1/3rd.
2. Add sweet potatoes, cardamoms, sugar and powdered almonds.
3. Cook over low heat till a creamy consistency is achieved.
4. Keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
5. In a separate pan, heat ghee and lightly fry the pistachios and cashew nuts.
6. Garnish the halwa with fried pistachios and cashewnuts.
7. Serve cold.