Dive into the world of irresistible flavours with our Chocolate Coffee Cake. This heavenly creation brings together the deep richness of dark Chocolate, the bold kick of instant coffee, and the velvety texture of butter, resulting in a cake that’s not just a dessert but a celebration of your taste buds.
About the Recipe:
The Chocolate Coffee Cake is a delightful marriage of contrasting yet complementary flavours. Dark Chocolate, finely ground coffee, and luscious butter create a moist and indulgent cake perfect for any occasion. Baking this masterpiece is an experience beyond the kitchen; it’s a journey into exquisite taste.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
Prepare to fall in love with our Chocolate Coffee Cake. The aromatic essence of coffee seamlessly intertwines with the luxurious notes of dark Chocolate, making every bite a moment of pure bliss. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or a dessert connoisseur, this recipe will surely win your heart.
For an extra layer of richness, ensure your dark Chocolate is high quality. Don’t rush the melting process; slow and gentle heating provides a silky texture. When baking, allow the cake to cool slightly before adding the chocolate icing for a perfect, glossy finish.
Serving and Storing Suggestions:
Serve the Chocolate Coffee Cake as a dessert at gatherings, or enjoy a slice with your morning coffee. Store any leftovers in an airtight container to maintain the cake’s freshness and flavours.
Other Similar Recipes:
Explore more decadent delights like our Classic Chocolate Brownies or Mocha Cupcakes for a delightful journey through chocolate-infused desserts.
While this indulgent treat may not be a healthy food, dark Chocolate offers antioxidants, and its joy can be a mood booster.
Chocolate Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Self-raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 200 gms Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 2 cups Refined Sugar
- 250 gms Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
For the Chocolate Icing:
- 125 gms Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 125 gms Unsalted Butter
- Sift self-raising flour and coffee together.
- Heat chocolate, sugar, butter, and water over simmering water in a small pan. Cool, then blend.
- Gradually add sifted flour to the blender and beat.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and beat well.
- Spoon batter into a greased and lined 10" cake tin. Bake at 160C/325F for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow it to stand for 5 minutes before turning it out.
- Melt Chocolate and butter in a small pan over simmering water. Beat until smooth. Pour the icing over the cold cake and spread it smoothly. Use a fork to mark graves for a decorative finish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use instant coffee instead of coffee powder?
Absolutely! Instant coffee works perfectly in this recipe, adding rich flavour to the Chocolate Coffee Cake.
Can I substitute dark Chocolate for milk chocolate?
While you can, dark Chocolate intensifies the richness. For the best flavour, stick to dark Chocolate.
Is the chocolate icing necessary?
The chocolate icing adds a layer of indulgence, but the cake is delicious if you prefer a lighter option.
Can I use brewed coffee instead of hot water?
Hot water is preferred for simplicity, but brewed coffee can be a flavorful substitute for an extra coffee kick.
What’s the best way to store leftover Chocolate Coffee Cake?
Keep any remaining cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or refrigerate for an extended shelf life.