Rose Cookies are a popular and traditional sweet made during Christmas. They are called Achu Murukku in Tamil, Achapam in Malayalam and Rose De Coque in Goa. This is an eggless recipe and is a bit sweet and crispy.
They are called rose cookies as they look like rose petals.
Store them in airtight container and they can stay good for a few weeks. Ensure it is fully cooled before storing them.
Rose Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for Rose Cookies
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tbsp Maida / Plain Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- few Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cardamom powdered
- as per taste Salt
- as required Groundnut Oil
How to make Rose Cookies
- Mix the rice flour, maida, sesame seeds, salt and cardamom powder in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium flame. Add the jaggery and pour enough water to cover it.
- Simmer until the jaggery has fully dissolved.
- Remove and allow it to cool.
- Pour this into the flour mixture.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Mix it until it has a dosa batter like consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the mould (achu murukku maker) in the oil
- Dip the hot mould three-fourths into the batter and deep fry in hot oil.
- When the cookies are light brown in colour, separate them from the mould using a spoon and fry them for another 30 seconds.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
The recipe is available in Tamil also.