Paneer – 500gm, cut into square pieces
Potatoes – 150 gms, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
Vegetable Oil for frying – 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Ginger Powder – 1 tsp
Aniseed Powder – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Salt to taste
Black Cardamoms – 2, crushed
Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
Milk – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 3, crushed
Green Cardamoms – 3. crushed
Green Chillies – 2, sliced
1. Heat the oil and fry the paneer until golden brown at the edges.
2. Immerse them in a pot containing water.
3. Fry the potatoes in the same oil and keep aside.
4. Heat the pot containing the cottage cheese and water over a high flame.
5. Add the turmeric powder, ginger powder, aniseed powder, asafoetida, salt, black cardamoms and potatoes.
6. Cook until the gravy is reduced to half.
7. Add the yoghurt and milk (whisked together).
8. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, then remove from the flame.
9. In a separate pan, heat the ghee and saute the cloves and green cardamoms.
10. Add this to the paneer preparation and mix well.
11. Garnish with green chillies.
12. Serve hot.