Brinjals – 6 to 8, large round
Potato – 1 medium
Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, minced
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, minced
Oil – 5 to 6 tblsp
Paneer – 1 cup
Pepper – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Bread – 3 to 4 slices
Salt to taste
1. Cut brinjals in halves, parboil in salted water.
2. Remove cooked brinjal carefully from water, leave on a plate to cool.
3. When cooled, scoop out pulp carefully, set aside both pulp and cases.
4. Mash the boiled potato and crumble the paneer. Keep everything separate.
5. Heat 2 tblsp oil, add minced chillies and onion, fry till onion turns pink.
6. Add brinjal pulp, mashed potato, pepper, garam masala, salat, mix, and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Lastly add paneer and coriander leaves.
8. Mix everything thoroughly, remove from fire, allow to cool.
9. Stuff brinjal cases with this filling, smooth out surfaces.
10. Discard edges of bread slices, crumble fine.
11. Take a little of the crumbs, press down on the stuffing.
12. Sprinkle some water to moisten the crumbs so that they may hold. Fill all cases.
13. When ready to serve, fry brinjals in a shallow fry pan, stuffed side downwards.
14. Pour oil all over with a teaspoon.
15. When golden brown, carefully turn over for the other side to be done.
16. Transfer onto a serving plate and serve immediately.