Paneer Makhani is a delicious and creamy gravy side dish from the land of Punjab. A traditional dish in Punjabi homes, paneer cubes are cooked in a creamy gravy of tomatoes, butter and cream. There are numerous regional variations of this dish, this restaurant style recipe of paneer makhani is ideal for lunches and parties. This homemade Paneer Makhani is best served with jeera rice, roti, paratha or naan.
- 250 g Paneer cut into cubes
- 250 g Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- Cream as required
- 1 tbsp Paneer grated
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add chopped green chillies, tomato puree, red chilli powder, garlic chilli sauce and mix well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Add little coriander leaves.
- Now add the paneer cubes and cream.
- Mix gently and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, grated paneer and some cream.