Paneer – 350 gmss
Saffron – 1/4 tsp
Fresh thick curds – 1 cup
Fresh cream – 3 tblsp
Corn flour – 1 tblsp
Lemon – 1
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tblsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Salt as required
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Bengal gram flour – 2 tblsp
Grind to paste:
Green chillies – 7
Ginger – 1 inch paste
Garlic – 8 flakes
1. Cut paneer into 2 inch squares with 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Mix one third of the ground paste with little fresh cream, 1 tblsp of curds, bengal gram flour, little lemon juice and salt.
3. Apply this on top of paneer pieces properly and keep aside for half an hour.
4. Deep fry in medium hot oil till light golden in colour.
5. Whip rest of the curds with fresh cream.
6. Heat oil, butter in a pan, add fenugreek and cumin seeds. When it splutters, add ground paste (2/3 of it). Stir fry for a minute and pour curd mixture in it.
7. Reduce the flame and cook for few minutes.
8. Mix little water with corn flour. Make it to a paste and add it to gravy.
9. Cook till it thickens lightly. Add saffron which is soaked in hot milk and cook for another 2 minutes.
10. Keep fried paneer pieces in serving dish, pour gravy on top and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.