1/4 kg Mutton
1/2 kg Rice
1 cup Curd, well beaten
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Green peas, shelled
1 pod Garlic
1 big piece of Ginger
1 tsp Rose water
Ghee or Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
2. Cook the rice till half done. Keep aside.
3. Clean and cut the mutton into cubes. Joint the chicken. Boil the eggs and keep aside.
4. Slice the onions. Grind ginger and garlic to a paste.
5. Heat ghee in a frying pan, add onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
6. Add the jointed chicken and fry. Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire till the meat is tender and only 1/3 of the gravy is left.
7. Add some more ghee and the well beaten curd. Cook on a slow fire until the curd gets absorbed.
8. Add 1 tsp of rose water after the meat has cooled.
9. Take a heavy bottomed pan and arrange alternate layers of rice and cooked meat taking care that the first and last layers are that of rice.
10. Place in an oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes on low heat.
11. Garnish with fried onions, quartered boiled eggs and boiled green peas.