An easy way to get kids to eat vegetables is to make them into a delicious, crispy and crunchy snack. These fritters are like pakodas and are ideal for evening snacks. Serve with ketchup or mint chutney.
- Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Baby corn, Cabbage, Carrot, Potato, Capsicum)
- Red Chilli Paste – 1 1/2 tblsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Corn Flour – 4 tblsp
- Maida Flour – 2 tblsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – as required
- Salt to taste
- Slit the vegetables in the center, lengthwise.
- Take a wide vessel, add the vegetables, red chilli paste, vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce, pepper powder, corn flour, maida flour, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Mix well by sprinkling water.
- The dough should be thick and not watery.
- To a pan, heat oil in medium flame.
- When the oil is heated up, drop small lump of dough little by little and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot by sprinkling chaat masala powder on top.