Chocolate chip cookies are a classic American cookie. The original recipe, published in the 1930s, called for chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, but other variations soon followed.
They are one of the most popular cookies in the world and also one of the most loved. There are many different types of cookies, but chocolate chip is a classic.
They’re a favorite of children, the elderly, and adults of all ages. Anyone who’s ever had one can attest to their addicting qualities.
The smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies is one of the most delicious and comforting smells.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter soft
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Plain Chocolate Chips
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp of the cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with baking sheet, leaving enough space between them.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.