Chicken – 400 gms, skinless, boneless
Dried Figs – 5
Onions – 1, chopped or sliced
Cinnamon Stick – 1, small
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely grated
Plain Yogurt – 2/3 cup
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
Sunflower Oil – 3 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a pan of water and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the flame and add the figs.
3. Keep aside for sometime.
4. Remove any excess fat from the chicken and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
5. Transfer to a large bowl.
6. Add the yogurt, garam masala powder, salt, red chilli powder and mix well.
7. Drain the figs and chop them into small cubes.
8. Add them to the chicken and mix well.
9. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
10. Saute the onions and cinnamon for a minute or until golden.
11. Add the ginger and garlic.
12. Cook for 2 minutes.
13. Add the chicken mixture and cover the pan with a lid.
14. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
15. When it reaches a thick sauce like consistency, remove the pan from the flame and discard the cinnamon stick.
16. Serve with hot rice.