Rice Flour – 2 cups
Gram Flour – 1 cup
Roasted Gram Flour – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – few
Sesame Seeds – little
Butter – 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Combine the rice flour, gram flour, roasted gram flour, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, butter, salt and sesame seeds in a bowl.
2. Add little water and mix well to a thick, pliable dough.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
4. Add some of the dough to a murukku maker.
5. Place it over the hot oil and press gently to make concentric circles, from the center to outward.
6. Take extra care not as the oil will be very hot.
7. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Serve as a snack or with a meal.