Peanut butter cookies are a classic cookie that is loved by many. The cookie is made out of peanut butter, sugar, egg, and either oatmeal or flour. It is then baked to create the perfect texture and flavor.
Peanut butter cookies are the perfect treat for any occasion. They can be eaten as an after school snack or as dessert at a dinner party. There are many variations of this recipe that you can try out to find your favorite one!
These cookies can be made with or without chocolate chips and can be topped with additional items like chopped peanuts, sprinkles, or frosting.
If you want to make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, then add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Scoop out the dough on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving enough space between them.
- Flatten them lightly using a fork and bake them for 8 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Remove and cool before storing them in an airtight container.
- The cookies stay good for 4 to 5 days.