Also known as Kesar Doodh Peda, this is a delicious sweet made with unsweetened khoya and saffron.
Unsweetened Khoya – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Saffron Strands – few
Milk – 1/4 cup
Pistachios – few, to garnish
Cardamom Powder – little (optional)
1. Add the saffron strands to milk and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add khoya to a kadhai and place it over medium flame.
3. Add sugar and saffron milk mixture.
4. Mix well.
5. When the sugar has fully melted and mixed evenly, reduce flame to low.
6. Simmer until it starts to thicken.
7. When it is thickened, switch off the flame.
8. Transfer to a bowl.
9. Using greased palms make small balls and flatten them to 1/4 to 1/2 inch circles.
10. Sprinkle pistachios on top.
11. Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !