Bread Rasmalai is a popular dessert in India. It is made of bread soaked in milk and then cooked with cream, condensed milk and nuts.
The bread used to make this dish can be either white or brown bread or even toast.
A modern twist to the popular Bengali dessert Rasmalai . Suited for all occasions and festivals.
Bread Rasmalai Recipe
Ingredients for Bread Rasmalai
- 3 Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 5 tbsp Condensed Milk
- few Saffron Strands
- 1/4 tsp Cardamon Powder
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tbsp Pistachios
How to make Bread Rasmalai
- Soak the saffron strands in hot milk for 10 minutes.
- Take the bread slices, using a cup make circle shape cuts and discard the remaining pieces.
- Keep the circle shape bread pieces aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and boil the milk.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and keep stirring.
- Follow this process for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and condensed milk to the milk.
- Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron milk and cardamon powder .
- Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Arrange the bread slices in a bowl/plate and pour the milk mixture over it.
- Pour little milk mixture,just to soak it.
- Refrigerate the bread pieces and the milk mixture separately.
- While serving, add the the remaining milk and sprinkle some grated almonds and pistachios on top.