Seedai is a very popular South Indian snack item made during Krishna Jayanthi, Diwali and other festivals.
Rava (Sooji) – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup, melted
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – little
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Combine the rava, rice flour, coconut, cumins seeds, salt and butter in a bowl.
2. Mix well without any lumps.
3. Add some warm water and mix well to a chapati dough consistency.
4. Cover and keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Make small balls and keep them on a plate.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
7. Fry the prepared balls until light golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Store in an airtight container.