Besan Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Rice Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Butter – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Aval (Poha) – 1/4 cup
Roasted Gram – 1/4 cup
Ground Nuts – 1/4 cup
Cashew Nuts – 1/4 cup (fried in little ghee)
Red Chillies – 2
Curry Leaves – few
Oil for frying
1. Mix 1/2 cup besan, and 1/2 cup rice flour in a bowl.
2. Add salt and mix well to a dosa like batter, adding water if required.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and hold the boondhi ladle plate above the oil.
4. Pour the batter gradually.
5. Fry till it becomes golden yellow and crisp.
6. Strain and keep aside.
7. Mix remaining flour with salt and butter.
8. Make a stiff dough adding water.
9. Make omapodi using omapodi plate.
10. Fry till it becomes crisp. Keep aside.
11. Fry poha, curry leaves in the pan and keep aside.
12. Fry chilies without oil and powder it with salt.
13. In a big vessel, mix everything – boondhi, omapodi, fried poha, cashew nut, roasted gram and ground nuts.
14. Add powdered chillies along with fried curry leaves.
15. Mix well and store in an airtight container.
South Indian Mixture Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this South Indian Mixture Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.