French fries are a popular food item that is usually served as a side order to many other dishes. They are made from potatoes and deep fried in oil. The French fry is typically salted, spiced, or both before serving.
This dish has been around for many years and is still popular today because it can be found at most fast food restaurants & restaurants across the world.
Some people refer to them as chips or crisps. They may be served with salt and pepper, ketchup, or other condiments. French fries are not universally considered to be healthy for consumption in large quantities due to the high level of fat in the deep-fried oil.
If you fancy a bit of an Indian twist, then add 1 tsp of garam masala powder and red chilli powder to make masala french fries.
- 500 g Big Potatoes peeled, cut into long thin sticks
- as per taste Salt
- for deep frying Oil
- Boil the potatoes with salt in enough water.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes and drain excess water.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a large frying pan over medium flame.
- Deep fry the potatoes till golden and light brown.
- Drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle little salt, if desired, and serve with ketchup at once.