Eggless Sponge Cake is best suited for vegetarians and those who do not prefer eggs. This is a basic cake recipe, so you can use this as a base to make other delicious cakes or you can use it as a standalone cake. Remember to garnish it as desired if you are planning to serve it as a plain cake.
To make a Chocolate variation, add 50 gms of cocoa powder and mix it well.
Eggless Sponge Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Eggless Sponge Cake
- 1 tin Condensed Milk standard tin, available in supermarkets
- 125 ml Butter melted
- 300 gms Maida (Plain Flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cooking Soda
- 2 ts[ Vanilla Essence
- 150 ml Water adjust as required
To Garnish (Optional)
- handful Assorted Nuts Pistachios, Badam, Cashew Nuts
For Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 50 gms Cocoa Powder
How to make Eggless Sponge Cake
- Combine and sieve together the maida, baking powder and cooking soda 3 times.
- Add butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add water and knead well for 10 minutes.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and sprinkle some flour.
- Transfer the dough to the greased tin until 3/4th.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 200C and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 150C and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow it cool 30 to 60 seconds.
- Then remove the cake from the tin and keep it on a rack for 2 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into slices and serve or store in a clean, sterilized container.
- Do not keep the cake under a fan to cool.
- If you are planning to serve this as a standalone cake, then garnish just before putting it in the oven.
- If you want to make an eggless chocolate sponge cake, add cocoa powder.