Prepare to savour the ultimate delight – Date and Walnut Cake! This incredible cake brings together the natural sweetness of dates and the nutty goodness of walnuts, creating a symphony of flavours that will leave you wanting more. Each bite is moist and indulgent, making it the perfect treat for any occasion, whether a cosy family gathering or a special celebration.
The secret to its moistness lies in soaking the dates in boiling water, infusing them with a rich, caramel-like flavour that blends harmoniously with the subtle hint of cinnamon. As you take your first bite, the tender crumb and the delightful crunch of diced walnuts will transport you to a world of pure satisfaction.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting, this Date and Walnut Cake is a breeze. The simple steps, from creaming the butter and sugar to folding in the sifted flour, ensure that your cake turns out perfectly every time. And the heavenly aroma that fills your kitchen as it bakes is a bonus that will make your mouth water in anticipation.
Serve this delightful cake as a dessert after dinner, or pair it with a cup of your favourite tea or coffee for a lovely afternoon treat. If you love this cake, try our indulgent Chocolate Walnut Brownies.
So why wait? It’s time to awaken your taste buds and embark on a culinary journey with Date and Walnut Cake. This treat promises to delight and satisfy!
Date and Walnut Cake
- 1 cup Dates chopped
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 1/34 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Eggs
- 1/2 Walnuts diced
- Chopped Walnuts
- Soak the dates in boiling water, then allow them to cool at room temperature.
- Sift the flour, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and the egg, beat well.
- Fold the sifted flour into the creamed butter, alternating with the soaked dates. Stir in the diced walnuts.
- Spoon the cake batter into a greased and lined baking tin, garnish with chopped walnuts, and bake at 160C/325F for about 1 hour or until the top is brown and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin before turning it out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I add other fruits to this Date and Walnut Cake?
While this cake is perfect, add raisins, dried apricots, or figs for extra flavour!
Is it possible to make this cake gluten-free?
Absolutely! You can use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour to make a delicious gluten-free version of this Date and Walnut Cake.
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
To keep your cake fresh and moist, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or refrigerate for up to a week.