Carrot Cake is a popular dessert that can be found in many cafes and bakeries around the world. Carrot cakes are often made with carrots as the main ingredient, but there are some variations where other vegetables like pumpkin or apple take this place instead.
Carrot Cake is an old-fashioned cake that was once popular in the region that now includes parts of Europe, North America, and some regions of Asia.
Carrot Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- 500 g Maida (Plain Flour)
- 550 ml Corn Oil
- 500 g Carrot
- 650 g Sugar
- 100 g Walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 8 Eggs
- 3 tsp Cinnamon Powder
For the Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 4 cup Sugar powdered
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make Carrot Cake
- Wash and grind the carrots to a fine puree.
- Mix the maida, baking powder, cinnamon powder and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Break the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and whisk well.
- Add this to the flour mixture along with corn oil and carrot puree.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place it into a preheated oven at 180C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile to make the cream cheese frosting, beat the butter and cream together in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Remove and cool.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on top and garnish with walnuts.