Apple and Apricot Cake is a simple dessert cake to make. Unlike the usual cakes, this one is a different as typically apples are used for cheesecakes and not for regular cakes. Try this one and you will be amazed at how delicious and easy this Apple Apricot cake is. Ideal for tea time, weekend parties or even for Christmas.
Apple and Apricot Cake
- 1 Egg large
- 1/4 tsp Almond Essence
- 125 g Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 75 g Butter melted
- 125 g Apples peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 50 g Apricots - dried, chopped
- few Almonds flaked for topping
- Combine the maida, baking powder, sugar, egg, almond extract and butter in a bowl.
- Mix well and beat for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Now add the apples and apricots.
- Mix gently.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased deep cake tin, lined with baking sheet, and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 60 to 75 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Remove the baking sheet and transfer to a plate.
- Cut into slices and serve.