Shrimp – 250 gms, peeled, deveined, cleaned
Basmati Rice – 1 cup, soaked for 30 minutes, drained, washed
Tomato – 1/4 cup, chopped
Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Green Cardamoms – 2
Black Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1, small, finely sliced
Ginger – 1/2 tblsp, peeled, minced
Garlic – 1/2 tblsp, minced
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the cardamoms, cinnamon and black peppercorns for 60 seconds.
3. Add the onions and cook until golden.
4. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies, turmeric powder and little salt.
5. Cook for a minute and add the chopped tomatoes.
6. After a minute, add the shrimps and a pinch of salt.
7. Stir-fry till the shrimps change colour.
8. Add the rice and saute for 45 seconds.
9. Pour 1/2 of hot water and coconut milk.
10. Bring to a boil over high flame.
11. Reduce flame to low and cover the pan with a lid.
12. Simmer till all water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot.
Coconut Shrimp Biryani Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Coconut Shrimp Biryani Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.