Coconut Milk Rasam is a popular variation of the regular paruppu rasam made in South India. Making coconut milk rasam is easy and quick.
- Coconut – 1 cup, grated
- Shallots – 25
- Tamarind Water – 1 cup
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chillies – 9
- Oil – 2 tblsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt to Taste
- Peel the outer skin of shallots.
- To a pan, heat oil in medium flame.
- Saute the broken red chillies for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and the shallots and saute for few seconds.
- When the shallots are cooked, pour the tamarind water to it.
- Add the required salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the raw tamarind smell disappears.(5 minutes)
- Grind the grated coconut and extract the milk.
- Pour the coconut milk to the boiling tamarind water and mix well.
- When the foam starts forming on top, switch off the flame.
- Do not allow the rasam to boil.
image via Youtube