Baked Coconut Shrimp with a sweet and savory sauce is a great choice for a weeknight dinner or weekend grilling. It can be served as an appetizer or main course with rice.
Baked Coconut Shrimp are an easy and delicious dish that can be made in just 30 minutes. These are perfect party appetizer or fun, sweet snack.
Baked Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Ingredients for Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 15 Shrimps raw, de-veined, peeled, tails intact
- 1 tblsp Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 1 Small Egg
- 2 tblsp Maida (Plain Flour)
- 1 tblsp Lime Juice - 1 tblsp
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder - 1/4 tsp
- 1 tblsp Brown Sugar - 1 tblsp
- as per taste Salt as per taste
- a pinch Red Chilli Flakes - a pinch
How to make Baked Coconut Shrimp
- Mix maida, sugar, salt and red chilli flakes in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in an another bowl and add the lime juice.
- Dredge the shrimps in the flour mixture and dip them in the egg.
- Then coat them well with the coconut.
- Place them on a baking tray and drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes in a preheated oven at 425F/210C, turning once or twice.
- When the shrimps are pink and start to brown, remove and cool.
- Serve with chutney or sauce.